The DPSST Armed Security Course is required by the state of Oregon for all personnel who would like to work as an Armed Private Security professional in the state. This course is 24 hours over a 3 day period and includes, 10 hours of classroom lecture as well as a 14 hours of live range instruction and coaching. Upon successful completion of the course students will have all documentation and fulfilled requirements to apply for their armed private security professional certification with the state of Oregon.
All documentation needed to apply for certification as well as a student manual will be provided to each student.
- Successfully completion of this course includes
- A passing grade of 85% on the closed book test.
- Passing the DPSST firearms qualification PEQ 1
- The class fee of $300 is paid directly to Tri-Star Solutions for the administration of the course and is separate from the fees needed for your certification and made payable to DPSST.
- Valid state of federally issued Photo Identification
- Ear Pro
- Eye Pro
- Semi-auto handgun (no revolvers)
- Appropriate Magazine holster
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- Appropriate magazine pouch
- Appropriate Belt
- Hydration source
- Appropriate Clothing (Closed toe shoes)
- 500 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Recommended Gear
- Sun Screen
- Knee Pads